Recently, Wood Street’s Jon-Mikel Bailey was asked to be on the Mario Armstrong XM Radio Show to talk about selecting a web design firm and utilizing social media to market your organization.
Here is a link to the show (including a piece with a Yahoo content expert worth checking out)
Also, here is a brief summary of the points discussed..
Selecting a Web Design Firm
What questions should I ask that would help me identify the right web designer for my project?
- “What is your design process?”
- “Who are your designers; what are their backgrounds?”
- “How do we measure results; how do we know our web site it working?”
What’s the most common mistake or assumptions small businesses make when getting a web site done?
- Not having clearly defined goals and knowing how to achieve them
- Not integrating their web site with other marketing efforts
Utilizing Social Media
Social Media is very popular now, how do we use it in our marketing?
- Make sure your web site is the hub of your marketing; all roads should lead to your web site.
- Be interactive, engage with your audience. Be a resource of useful information.